Estonian Embassy in Abu Dhabi will start accepting limited D-visa applications as of September 1, 2020.
According to the Estonian Aliens Act, a long-stay (D) visa can be applied in a number of circumstances such as study, work or family relations. Person can apply for a D-visa if it is proved that the need to stay in Estonia is more than 90 days in 180 day period. D-visa may be issued for the period of stay of up to 365 days within twelve consecutive months. D-visa can be applied for at the Estonian Embassies only. More information about D-visa can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
WHO CAN APPLY?
According to Government Order No 169 lodging D-visa applications will only be possible in following exceptional cases:
* Applicants who want to travel to Estonia because of employment (visa is applied on the basis of short term employment registration). Family members cannot apply;
* Applicants who want to travel to Estonia for studies in the Estonian educational institution (University acceptance letter is required). Family members cannot apply;
* Applicants whose direct blood relative in the ascending or descending line or spouse is an Estonian citizen or a person holding an Estonian residence permit or right of residence;
* Applicant who have received a special permit for entering the country.
D-visa application is examined and decided within 30 days from the date of lodging. The Embassy usually makes the decision quicker – within 5 to 7 working days.
NB! Before booking an appointment, please make sure you are able to travel to Abu Dhabi in person amid COVID-19 restrictions (entry to the UAE and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, quarantine and testing requirements).
Appointments need to be acquired online: https://broneering.mfa.ee/en.
In the field of additional information, please comment on the main reason for applying D-visa. For example: “Study in the University of….”/ “Working in the company …” / “Family member of Estonian citizen/TRP holder …”. In case of working, short-term employment registration number should be added. Double bookings and bookings by agents are not allowed.
Embassy has the right to delete incorrect bookings without prior notice!
Please do not send any documents prior to the Embassy e-mail. All applicants must present in person the following documents at their appointment at the Estonian Embassy:
- Issued within the last 10 years;
- Contains at least two blank pages for visas;
- Valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa.
- Application form for a D-visa can be found HERE.
- Should be filled in English or Estonian:
- In the D-Visa column on the right, select the language in which you wish to fill the application;
- Fill in the application according to the instructions. Make sure to read all the instructions carefully and provide as much information as possible. Avoid typing errors and if in doubt, click on the “?” symbol for additional information;
- After completing the application, it will be emailed to you as a PDF file. You will also be given the choice to print the form out the form immediately.
- Before submitting the printed form at the Embassy, you must sign it at the end of each page and at the end of the form;
- If information on the visa application is incorrect, you should fill in a new application form, print and sign it again.
COLOR PHOTO (35mm x 45mm)
- Taken within last 6 months;
- Plain light-coloured background;
- Looking directly to the camera;
- Without head covering, except for religious reasons (in this case facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of applicant’s face must be clearly shown);
- Additional information about requirements to the photo here.
- Valid throughout the territory of the Schengen Member States;
- Minimum coverage 30 000 Euros;
- Cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay;
- Cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death;
- If applicant will be covered with Estonian health insurance (Haigekassa) after arrival to Estonia, travel medical insurance must cover only the period until Estonian health insurance (Haigekassa) insurance becomes valid.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ACCORDING TO THE PURPOSE OF STAY
- Embassy suggests to present proof of sufficient financial means during the stay in Estonia (e.g. original private bank statement showing movements in the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank; sponsorship letter with proof of sponsor’s financial means etc).
- Confirmation of the educational institution about admission of the applicant.
- Printout of the confirmation of the registration of the short-term employment.
Moving to close relative (visiting family):
- Confirmation letter from the host;
- Document proving family ties or marital status (birth or marriage certificate);
- If applicant is an adult child who due to his/her health status or disability is unable to cope independently – documents proving his or her health status or disability.
- Documents of the application can be in English, Estonian or Arabic. Documents in other languages must be translated by sworn translator or certified by the Notary;
- All public documents (diplomas, marriage or birth certificates) must be certified with an apostille or legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of applicant’s country. If the applicant is not UAE national, additional legalization is required from the respective Embassy in the UAE;
- If the applicant does not speak/understand Estonian, English or Arabic, an interpreter must be taken along to the appointment at the Embassy.
- At the time of submission of the application, biometric data (10 fingerprints) will be collected from the applicant;
- Children under the age of 12 and persons for whom fingerprinting is physically impossible shall be exempt form the requirement.
- Examining D-visa application 100 EUR; children 6-11 years 40 EUR;
- Payment can be made by:
- bank card (in EUR) at the Embassy during lodging the application or
- bank transfer (in EUR) to the bank account of the Ministry of Finance in Estonia. If paying by bank transfer, make the payment at least 5 working days before coming for your appointment at the Embassy. In addition to showing proof of payment from your side, the Consul must be able to see that your payment has been deposited in the Ministry of Finance bank account).
Bank accounts of the MINISTRY OF FINANCE in Estonia:
- SEB Bank EE891010220034796011, SWIFT: EEUHEE2X
- Swedbank EE932200221023778606, SWIFT: HABAEE2X
- Luminor Bank AS EE701700017001577198, SWIFT: NDEAEE2X
- Reference number: 2900073630 (NB! Please note that the „Reference Number“ and „Clarification of Payment“ are mandatory fields on the payment order. If the bank of your home country does not have a space to enter a reference number, then it must be entered in the clarification field).
- Clarification of payment: D visa application (applicant’s full name, passport number)
State fee is waived for the following applicants:
- Children under six years;
- Family members of citizens of Estonia;
- Family members of citizens of an EU country, EEA country or the Swiss Confederation according to the Citizen of the European Union Act.