Temporary residence permit (TRP)

A person who intends to stay in Estonia longer than one year, must apply for a Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) at the Embassy. It is possible to travel to Estonia once the TRP card has been collected from the Embassy. TRP applications are processed by the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board within 2-3 months.

In certain cases (study, start-up business, working in a start-up company) it is possible to apply for a D-visa even if the intended stay is longer than one year. In these cases, the applicant would travel to Estonia on a D-visa and apply for a TRP at the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board.


Please be mindful of COVID-19 restrictions in the UAE (entry to the country and the emirate of Abu Dhabi, quarantine and PCR testing requirements).

Do not travel to UAE unless you have secured a booking with the Embassy. Travelling without an appointment is at applicant’s own risk.


TRP application must be submitted in person in order to have your fingerprints taken.

Please book an appointment online: https://broneering.mfa.ee/en/. Choose “Application for residence permit” from the menu and comment on the main reason for applying the TRP in the “Additional information” box.

NB! Electronic calendar is showing all available appointments 60 days ahead. If none are visible, they have been fully booked.


For a full list of supporting documents, please refer to the different categories on the Estonian Police and Border Guard website HERE.


Information on the state fee is available on the website of the Police and Border Guard.

Please pay attention that ordering a document to a foreign representation will cost €20 in addition to the state fee.

Payment can be made by:

  • bank card (in EUR) at the Embassy during lodging the application or
  • bank transfer (in EUR) to the bank account of the Ministry of Finance in Estonia.

NB! Embassy does not accept cash payments.

Bank accounts of the MINISTRY OF FINANCE:

  • SEB Pank р/с EE891010220034796011, SWIFT/BIC: EEUHEE2X
  • Swedbank р/с EE932200221023778606, SWIFT/BIC: HABAEE2X
  • Luminor Bank AS p/c EE701700017001577198, SWIFT/BIC: RIKOEE22
  • LHV Pank p/c EE777700771003813400, SWIFT: LHVBEE22
  • Reference number: 2900082443 (NB! Please note that the „Reference Number“ and „Clarification of Payment“ are mandatory fields on the payment order. If the bank of your home country does not have a space to enter a reference number, then it must be entered in the clarification field).
  • Clarification of payment:  TRP (applicant’s full name, passport number)